Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Wonderland


The good news this morning (for this area, at least) was that the storm track shifted further east, and we're no longer in the 2' range. Maybe a foot, although the 40 mph winds are still on the slate. Today was still windy, but was only gusting to around 35 mph.

Coupled with the four inches or so of light fluffy snow it did make clearing the walks sort of pointless. Good exercise, but still pointless. And of course when I got home the plows had been through and I got to re-shovel that, as well... Hey, that means I can eat more cookies! Knew there had to be a silver lining in there somewhere-LOL!

I headed out around noon after getting the driveway and sidewalk (temporarily) cleared. We had a brief break in the storm and the wind actually died down for a bit. Taking a rest to switch directions, but the respite was welcome.

The trees were coated with snow on one side - the other side of the tree belt was completely blown clean. But except for a few snow creepers started, the roads were pretty decent, and I only needed to kick in the 4-wheel for a few of the streets in town.

The horses had cleaned up the extra hay I distributed yesterday, and were enjoying afternoon naps. They had icicles dripping from their manes, tails, even their eyelashes.

And a couple of them had some seriously nasty wind tangles. Too much ice in the mix to get them cleaned up today, though.

More hay and some scritches, and I headed off to pick up some last minute stocking stuffers for the kids. Crossing my fingers I can make it out tomorrow!

Merry Christmas Eve to you all,
four-foots included, of course!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all two and four foots!