Thursday, May 29, 2008

When nature conspires


It's a plot, I'm sure it is. I'm looking out the window at a curtain of rain. The grass is green, it's nearly 60'F, and it's pouring. Tomorrow through Sunday I have family commitments out of town, and it's supposed to be beautiful, sunny and warm. The forecast for early next week is rain again. A week from Saturday there's an open show not too far away, and my goal was to get there with at least three horses, the two 3-year-olds for halter class and exposure to the bustle and fuss, and Sunny for a stab at western pleasure, trail, or whatever else looked like fun.

I can count on one hand the rides I've actually gotten in this spring. Sheesh. So the question is, do I take them all anyway and just wing it? I'm torn.

On one hand it's just an open show, and I don't show for points or anything but fun anyway. But on the other, I'm not sure I'm ready to gamble on good behavior under saddle without any practice. Halter class wouldn't be too stressful.... But it's a ways to haul for three or four classes.... PB is for sale, so in his case exposure=good, but on the other if he's a twit, not so much.... Decisions, decisions.

No comments: