Saturday, July 12, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

Oh, it's good to be home. I feel a bit like the little piggy that went to market, LOL - after a week of T's mom's cooking, which I can never resist, my jeans are definitely tighter!

Among other things in a week packed full of activity, we picked apricots at the kid's great-grandfather's -- some weren't quite ripe, but they'll do.
H & M were both up the tree at some point. We have plans for apricot jam and dried apricots - YUM!

Kansas (possibly elsewhere, too?) has these field-side containers for oil & salt water pumped up by grasshopper-looking oil rigs. They're known as tank batteries - a name which confused the heck out of me until T pointed them out the first time we visited. I mean, who in their right mind runs current through a stock tank - lol! After seeing them, it makes slightly more sense - don't they look like batteries, all lined up in a row?

One of the big projects we completed while we were there was replacing the old storm cellar entrance. This is where we started at the beginning of the week.But with some supervisory assistance from the three and four-legged critters...
Jake the 3-legged cat

A toady on-looker
...and a lot of sweat, we finished up quite nicely.
Project well-completed!
Now I have a ton of laundry, garden chores and housecleaning to accomplish this weekend before I'm back to work on Monday - and I fully intend to squeeze at least one ride in there somewhere!

2 comments:

buckpony said...

Hi Sunny D! Glad to see you are back home again, safe and sound. Boy, you guys are good at getting projects done. Please come visit us down here in Alabama and help us get some projects done! When I first saw the photos of the little house over the storm cellar entrance, I thought it was an outhouse! :) Looks like a storm cellar now!

Thank you for the encouraging words about our kitty, Molly. No sign of her yet. I put her food and water bowls away over the weekend, then had a good cry. I keep hoping she'll just show back up....

SunnySD said...

You know, I though outhouse myself the first time I saw it standing there! After a quiet whisper to my then-husband-to-be I was very happy to be assured that yes, there was indoor plumbing :-)