Sunday, April 10, 2011

5 miles and rain

T and I rode on Saturday - it was chilly and grey, and the ponies weren't 100% convinced it was a great idea, but we persevered.


Rufus still has the occasional I-don't-wanna-you-can't-make-me moment where he tries to spin around and go home, especially when it's just Sunny going out with him - Sunny doesn't count as safe company, apparently. But T's got him figured out, and Rufus isn't trying it nearly as often since it never works.

Sunny looks placid enough here, but he started on his tippy toes with a nice cold hump in his back. I finally said the heck with it, let's get them moving - a good brisk trot for the next mile settled both of them.

I was hoping we'd get out today, as well. But by 9 am we had a hard north wind and spitting fog/drizzle. Tonight everything is amazingly greener, but it wasn't too pleasant for riding. We ended up raking the the yard and hauling away the leaves I used for banking the flower beds over the winter.

This has been showing up on the back porch evenings this week.

Yes, I fed her.

She's really friendly, and I suspect belongs to one of the neighbors, although not one I've talked to yet. She'd really like to come in the house, but so far I'm sticking to my guns on that one. And not naming her. Three cats is plenty, right?

2 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

hahaha-Those tabby cats sure know how to survive. We had one jump in the car with my husband...He's still here. Another blogger had one take her over and looks like you got one who overed on you now. Nuthin' wrong with having an outdoor cat. ;-)

It's been windy here too. Spring! It kind of blows itself in. LOL

SunnySD said...

T says they know a sucker when they see one - of course, he's the one who brought two of our current cats home, so I guess he'd know, LOL!

I'm just happy to be complaining about chilly at 50' rather than @#$! cold at -20!