Friday, December 30, 2011

None the worse for wear...

But very dirty this morning.  Both boys apparently took exception to being wet and rolled in the dirt last night.  Surprisingly, perhaps because he was slightly less damp due to wearing the very absorbent blanket on the way home, Sunny was the less encrusted of the two.  Well, that and he's never been a horse that likes to wallow - which I greatly appreciate!

Breakfast - the most important meal of the day




They were munching away at the bale when I got there, but as soon as I called Sunny whinnied back. 

What's up, mom?  Did you bring food?
They both moseyed over to see if by any chance there was something tasty in the works.  Sorry, boys!  But I take the opportunity to most of the sand brushed off.

Sunny offered his feet without fussing and didn't appear to have any residual stiffness or soreness from yesterday's workout.  His hooves are short, but he really does need a trim - they both do, actually, - to get the edges rounded up and leveled out.  I expect that would probably be a big help to his action, as well.

If you're sure you don't want to feed us....
I left them both contentedly munching back at the bale, but as I closed the gate behind me I was pleased to see them both trot up to the waterer.  Sunny's stride looked as smooth as Thunder's, if shorter due to the comparative length of their legs. 

No comments: