Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winter approaches...

Not much new to report here the last few days. I'm fully resenting the time change. Daylight at 6:30 a.m. when I have to be at work does me little to NO good. Darkness at 5:30 p.m. when I'm finally home is likewise unhelpful.

Horse contact the last several days has meant scurrying home, throwing on boots & jeans and raising a trail of dust through the dusk to push hay to the whickering horde.

This morning the weather was soft and damp. I ran out in bare feet to pull clothes off the line. The weather forecast is for blizzard conditions in Pierre, with a winter weather watch starting tonight and extending through Friday. Watery sunshine is streaming in my office window (yes, I am procrastinating), and a frisky breeze is gusting fallen leaves.

I want to be outside, preferably somewhere with horses!

Unfortunately, that's not to be. Bleh.... back to work.

No comments: