Sunday, June 7, 2009

Knights and Arabians

I played hooky yesterday and went to Sioux Falls to the open show the Arabian horse society sponsors. During the breaks, the Renaissance Festival sharing the grounds took over the breaks for jousting demonstrations. Very cool!

One of the only non-blurry pictures I took.

Although these two both turned out really cool...

...through no fault of my own.



And to complete the magic kingdom theme of today's post, this went over the house the other night.
It's Puff the Magic Dragon - or at least his head - although he'd spun around by the time I got the camera, and you can't see his face any more.

No show pics - it was too dark in there for good ones, but there were a lot of horses there of all types, not just Arabians. Itty-bitty Shetlands, paints, quarter horses, appaloosas (very pretty ones), a couple of TBs.... Lots of kids having a ball.

3 comments:

Braymere said...

I *love* the top picture. Do you mind if I copy it for my files?

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

That would have been cool to see. I went to a horse expo in Sioux Falls years ago, but never seem to remember when it is. I even forgot about the one in Rapid this spring. And I do like to go to that one.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

How fun!