Friday, March 13, 2009

Week? What week?

Wow! Can't believe it's been one whole round bale since the last day I posted. This week has just flown by.

Sunday was H's fourteenth birthday. She asked for a blue cake.... It turned out sort of Smurf-colored, but it was tasty, nonetheless. Newly 14, she lobbied for a later bedtime - um, seems to me that 10 PM is late enough given the crowbar we have to use to get her out of bed in the morning! LOL!

Otherwise, the week was memorable only for the return of winter. It was cold over the weekend, and went - I'd say south, but that wasn't where those temps were coming from! - from there.
At least by Wednesday we had clear skies again, and it might have been only 8', but the horses were basking in sun puddles. It's amazing how much difference lack of wind and a blue sky makes, even when it's cold out there.

This weekend promises to be above freezing, and there's some fence repair that's been waiting, so that's my plan at the moment. I'm not even going to think about riding, as every time I've planned to do so lately we've had a freeze.

No comments: