Monday, March 16, 2009

Dodge does good!

Okay, I have to share - just had a newsy email from a lady who purchased on of the farm horses for her thirteen year old daughter a couple of years ago. I know I've written about Dodge before (here and here), but we hadn't heard anything in a while, which, with the state of today's economy, was enough to give me a few butterflies.

Well, out of the blue this a.m. there was a lovely email from his new owner's mom. She included some pictures, which I won't include here, 'cause I'm not sure if it would be okay - but suffice it to say that J & Dodge just plain cleaned up at their first schooling show of the year - 4 blues in their English/hunter under saddle classes!! :) They have two more schooling shows, and then they're entered in (their first) Class A - Region 16 - Arabian show at the Coliseum in Springfield, MA. Pretty darn cool.

But what's cooler? They continue to rave about how spectacular he is on the trails. And I quote:

Calm, level-headed, willing to do whatever is asked of him, and just a pleasure to have in our family. I can't thank you enough for all the early training that you put into him. He has a solid foundation and everyone out here is jealous!!!! We have the Arab they all WISH they had!!!!

Now they've put a LOT of time and effort in Dodge. He was green, had only a handful of rides in an English saddle on him, and could be a handful if he didn't get plenty of riding time, so I'm going to give them lots of credit for the level he's reached. But the miles of trails he saw in SD? I think that helped him a lot mentally. And I don't care who you are - that's a darn fine thing to hear about a horse you had a hand in. I've been grinning all day!

Can't find a good picture of the big lug at the moment, but I'll have to see if I can't find one later on this evening.

2 comments:

buckpony said...

What wonderful compliments about your work with Dodge! You should be grinning! It is always nice to hear how one of your horses from the past is doing, and especially nice when you hear they are doing so well!
It sure would be nice if the lady you board with would pay you a little $$ to work with all of those young ones she is thinking about selling...maybe the pink slip could be a blessing in disguise. She could give you a commission off the sale of the ones you work with...just a thought! :) If you have talent and success working with young horses - and it is obvious that you DO, then why not let it work for you? :)

SunnySD said...

That would be cool - unfortunately, I'm getting "free" board now in turn for groundwork & horse chores. But it's certainly something to ponder :)