Thursday, August 21, 2008

Camera Damage

We've had high wind advisories here for the past two days, so my plans to ride haven't quite materialized. I had feed and a new mineral block in the back of the car I wanted to take out to the farm, so tonight after dinner T and I headed out for some pony time.

The herd was up on the hill enjoying a semi-fly free evening, and they were all happy to see us.

The three Stooges?

We fussed over them all a bit, scratched ears, checked for bumps & bangs, etc. I've gotten into the habit of always taking a halter & lead along just in case someone needs to be hauled back to the barn for doctoring. No one needed anything but attention this evening, but since we had the halter along, I had T hold Thunder while I bounced up and down next to him, laid across, and then swung a leg over.

He's still at the thinking about it stage, but mostly just cocked a hip and accepted the attention. I'd meant to do more with him this summer than I've had a chance to, but he's stayed sensible with what I have had time for.

The whole herd followed us back up to the lot, just in case something more than scritches & pats might be forthcoming.


Too bad, guys!

There was only one casualty of a very nice hour - I dropped my camera, and I think Sunny pawed at it before I found it. It still takes pictures, but has a lovely crack and a black mark across the viewscreen. Could have been worse, I suppose - at least I can still see the bottom half of the picture!

1 comment:

LatigoLiz said...

Reminds me of our trip to MT back in June/July...going there again in the coming months probably to get the fillies.