Sunday, August 24, 2008

Space cadet!

This morning M and I cleaned out and washed two cars. I'd washed the little truck last night, so that makes three clean vehicles :)

(The Bravada's for sale, if anyone wants a 4-wheel drive SUV....) That just leaves the big truck for tomorrow night.

T made the distressing discovery that the garage has (had) wasps on two sides up in the soffit. Wasp spray is a good thing! Hopefully, they're dead.

After a late lunch I headed out, collected horses, and tacked up to ride. I hadn't heard there was going to be a storm, but I'd have said we were in for a tornado, the way Sunny was acting. The sun was out, sky was blue, and there was just enough breeze to keep things cool. NOT a blustery, spook-inspiring day, I wouldn't have thought.

Eventually he settled in, and we worked pretty steadily for about half an hour. Not enough to make him really sweat, unfortunately, but enough so that I could definitely feel it in my legs and back. He was at least damp under the saddle and between his back legs, so....

He was big-eyed and on his toes again as I untacked, not shifting around, but sort of anxious and watchful. He kept staring off across the hill toward the road. I think the neighbors may have collected their beef cattle this morning - maybe he was on the alert for more action. Who knows what goes on in their heads sometimes.

I need to ride more, but my accomplishments for tonight were a) getting on in the first place, and b) not getting off when he kept feeling scoot-y underneath me. That's enough for now.

1 comment:

buckpony said...

Oh, my van desperately needs a washing - you are good for washing 3!!!
Good for you for sticking with the riding plan!! If it hadn't rained all day yesterday, I would have gone to work with Filly or Tonto today. Isn't it strange how they are so sensitive to their surroundings? I probably would have chickened out and longed rather than ridden. Very smart to accomplish some things and stop on a good note. Yeah for you both!

Oh, and I sure hope those wasps are dead, too!!