Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rain delay excursion

I had to take a trip up north for work last week. Coming home I took the back roads just for fun. (It's still a huge novelty for me to have more than one way to get anywhere - and the whole roads-laid-out-in-a-one-mile-grid thing? Fabulous! It's really hard to get lost.)

Anyway, I was within a few miles or so of home but coming at it from a direction I don't ordinarily when I stumbled on this really cool trestle bridge. One lane only, over a pretty little creek winding along between some photogenic bluffs.

Since it was raining, thundering and lightening-ing close enough to delay the football game for about half an hour this afternoon, what better time to revisit the bridge and take pictures? Yes, I'm that silly on occasion. But see if it wasn't worth it!



That last picture? T was driving. He, of course, wouldn't get out of the truck, but thought I might like a nice stroll in the rain, so let the truck idle slowly up the road while I fooled with the camera.... I will get him for that later!

5 comments:

Grace said...

nice pics :)

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

It is so pretty around here this time of year. Was planning on doing fall photos of some of the horses this weekend, but darn the rain.

Looks like you got some beautiful shots though.

Jennifer said...

wow.. pretty! Take more fall pictures! South Texas doesn't have fall tree colors.. I miss that from living up north...

pretty!!! more, please!!

SunnySD said...

I still miss the vibrant, reds and crimsons of the northern Michigan woods, but here you get an amazing profusion of golds, yellows and oranges against that huge expanse of prairie sky. Its pretty spectacular in its own right. Fall is my favorite season.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

What a cool little road! Nice pics!