Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weekend Goals

I've been silent lately - well, not really, but my fingers haven't been talking much! It's been hectic around here, and I just haven't had much horse time. Other than the basics like getting grain dropped off and trying to track down the farrier (note to self: must call him AGAIN!!!), I've been reduced to patting noses and counting legs. Nice, but not terribly satisfying, that's for sure. :(

They've sure gotten a lot furrier in the past week. (New fuzzy pictures soon, promise!) We had rain Saturday and Sunday - a nice warm fall rain, which brought the grass back just a bit. They look good.

Since it doesn't look like I'll have much time the remainder of the weekdays, either, here are my weekend goals:
  • Fencing
    • we took the remains of the alley fence down earlier this summer - now it needs to be replaced.
    • divide the hill pasture back into two pieces - that fence the deer took out last winter, and it needs to get put up, with new gates
  • Riding
    • I will not get sidetracked. I will actually take the saddles out of the car and ride Sunny!
    • If it's nice I'd love to actually get a short trail ride in with T
  • Tack cleaning
    • Fall round of saddle soap for all the tack, even the stuff I haven't been using
That's enough to start. I suspect the fencing will, as always, turn into a bigger job than it's supposed to be.

4 comments:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

I was about to ask you if you accomplished your goals, but then I saw the date! You really plan ahead, lol. I have no goals, just chores to do.
I never clean tack and don't ride anymore so that just leaves playing with the pony and othe chores!
Hope you get to ride on Sunday!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

OK, I just realized your horse's name is Sunny and I thought in your goal list you meant Sunday- yes I'm slow. Don't judge me:-)

SunnySD said...

LOL - understandable! You should seem typing without the benefits of spellcheck. I'm sure I've actually written Sunny for Sunday - and vice versa - more than once. :)

SunnySD said...

Okay, that wasn't intentional!

For "seem" read "see my" Sheesh!