Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dreaming of sugarplums?

We had an early Christmas here yesterday morning before H flew out to spend a week with her mom and brother. The house is very quiet and empty feeling at the moment, but we'll still see the morning in with church and a nice supper tomorrow for the two of us and maybe a friend or two will drop by.

The horses made out like bandits, and have been enjoying peppermint treats from my sister and molasses-flavored oatmeal treats from T with their grain. They have some more goodies coming from my mom, as well, so they'll be extra happy to see us for the next couple of months, don't you think?

Yes, I subjected Sunny to wearing antlers again... but I wore some myself this time, too.

T was kind enough to snap us together -
and doesn't Sunny just look thrilled!

Actually, I think I'd just accidentally whacked him with my set of antlers - it takes a bit of coordination managing an extra 8 inches of height!
We caught these ladies on the way home crossing the fields on their way to share a hay bale dinner with some cattle. I only managed to capture four in the shot, but all eight of them showed us their heels in fine fashion.

The weather forecast is saying it just might warm up into the 20's here by Thursday - I'm just crossing my fingers we get the almost-thaw without the accompanying freezing drizzle.... But that's a worry for another day!

Happy Holidays from South Dakota, everyone!

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Merry Merry Christmas!!! Love the pics :)