Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ever have one of those days?

When the sun was out this morning it was beautiful. I was counting down the minutes until I could leave work. We drove out this morning to check on Amyra and counted eight noses head down in the grass. With the dew sparkling in the morning sun, it was very picturesque and pastoral.

By noon the clouds had moved, the temperature was headed down, and the wind was kicking up. Now it's gusting, damp, and chilly. I have a headache and my eyes are itching from something the AC at work was spewing out. It was just a very long day.

I think the ponies are going to get an evening off. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, windy, and mostly sunshine with a few scattered showers late in the afternoon. A much better prospect, if I trust the weather forecaster. I'm going to gamble and hope he's right.

(And as punishment for not doing horse-work, I'm going to end up doing housework. Oh well, at least laundry doesn't care when I grumble at it!)

1 comment:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Oh I have missed so much! You have been very, very busy. It is that way in the Fall in SD though huh? So much to do to get prepared for the long winter months ahead.
I am not looking forward to Winter. It just doesn't seem like we have enough nice days in our part of the country to get everything done that we want to.