Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tree report

The sun did actually poke its way out from behind the clouds yesterday evening, and I spent about two hours on branch trimming & limb removal. No chainsaw handy, but I did a fair amount with a hacksaw. Of course the sound of sawing brought the herd down off the hill to supervise.
Talked to J - she said loading Thursday evening went well, although she had a hard time saying good-bye. She's had Lace longest of all the mares - I'm still a bit amazed she parted with her at all.

On the plus side, the herd was still up when the trailer arrived, and the woman who picked her up was evidently quite impressed with one of the younger black mares, and with Thunder, so might be back in touch.

J also has a lady coming this afternoon to look at Pennie for her daughter. She's looking for a nice, quiet older mare with good manners that her daughter can start to take lessons on and eventually trail ride with her mom. So she wants to see Pennie caught, ridden, etc. (That would be my job.) Good news - if things go well, and the lady checks out, it sounds like just the type of thing Pennie would excel at.

As for me, my to-do list includes making sure I get tack for Pennie in the truck along with Sunny's, and remembering to pick up a new salt-block and wormer on the way out to the farm. I have new half-chaps I'm wanting to try out, and Sunny hasn't had a good ride in the last week. Who knows, maybe I can even get him to break a sweat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May i drop over for some pear pie? It looks delicious! And congrats on matching up horses and new owners - it is refreshing to hear in today's market.

SunnySD said...

Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed all works out well.

The last piece of pie was polished off yesterday evening :( I'm going to have to make more, I think!