So, it looks as if Sunny and Amyra may be staying put for one more year.
Unfortunately, although my job interview went really well, ultimately the search committee liked one of the other candidate's background and/or experience a bit more. C'est le vie.
Had I gotten the job, it would have meant a weekend commute one way to the other. Neither of us were thrilled with that, but it was doable. And more than likely we'd have relocated the horses up north, too.
Now, unless something changes in the next couple of months, I'll be here, and so will they. Since we'll be functioning on a bit less income, at least for a while, acreage-hunting for pony-friendly places is on hold. In spite of my kvetching over hay & assorted other things, we really do have a good arrangement at the farm. Which means I need to do some thinking about how to make next winter less stressful.
To start with, I think I'm going to volunteer to help line up the hay. That way, if there are bad bales in there, I'll have only myself to blame.
Other thoughts... well, I don't have any at the moment. But I'm going to keep working on it!