Pretty cool! Jennifer over at How did This Happen? passed it along to me. Thanks, Jennifer!
And I'm passing it on to the following... 7? Oh, dear, so many good choices...
- Denise, the lengthy Limo, and Lester over at Less is More
- Palomino Girl and her big Yellow horse at Life on the Farm
- BrownEyed Cowgirls - good luck with those prairie dogs!
- Callie and the MidWestHorse Blog gang. Hope your snow has come to an end!
- Saddle Mountain Rider at Middle of the Road
- JJ & Cass at Life with a horse (hope to see you blogging publicly again, soon!)
- and last but not least, Latigo Liz and her crew at Cowgirl Up - yeah, Arabians!
1) Write a post (on your own blog), announcing that you have received the Honest Scrap award. Be sure to mention It's Sunny in SD, the blog that conferred the Honest Scrap Award upon you. Add the Honest Scrap Award graphic.
2) Choose at least seven blogs that you admire. List these (with links) in your Honest Scrap Award blog entry.
3) Visit the blogs you have selected, and leave comments to let the bloggers know you have chosen to honor them with the Honest Scrap Award. Include a link to your blog post in each comment. (Click here for instructions on making simple active-links for blog comments.)
4) Visit the blog that offered you the Honest Scrap Award, and leave a comment with a link to your post.
5) List ten honest things about yourself. Try to have fun with this one, and include facts others may not already know about you.
6) Display the Honest Scrap Award proudly on your blog sidebar.
Ten honest things about me:
- When I'm reading a book I hear NOTHING that goes on around me. If you ask me a question and I respond, don't ever take for granted that I actually heard you. In fact, when I was in grade school anyone who sat near me had permission from the teachers to reach over and poke me when I was reading and didn't here the lectures start.
- I helped out with a Girl Scout Riding camp for two summers. I learned that many horses are endlessly patient with hyperactive, bouncy, and sometimes terrified, children - actually more patient than me.
- I enjoy singing with the radio. But most people don't want to be in the car or the house with me when I do - LOL!
- I'll drink cold coffee. Not the iced kind, just the left-too-long-in-the-cup cold coffee, and actually enjoy it. (At least I'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy it at any other temperature.)
- I really dislike caramel.
- I have more horse pictures up in my office than I do people pictures. Also more plants.
- I hate, hate, hate asking for things. It opens up the possibility of "No" so I tend to maneuver things so that if I have to ask, I'm sure pretty sure I'll get a "Yes."
- I have a hard time not following the rules, whatever they are. But if I'm going to break them, I tend to do it in a big way.
- I spent a summer working in Norway. I took lots of pictures of horses & horse-related stuff, including some Thoroughbreds on a breeding farm there, and of course, some really adorable Fjords. The TBs seemed really short, for some reason....
- You know the Punch Buggy game that people play in the car? Well, one long trip to MI when we were still dating, my husband invented a new game: Slap-Horse-y. (I was leading the PB total.) Unfortunately, by that point I'd driven to MI from SD umpteen times, and I knew where all the horses were apt to be located before we got there. **grin**
(That last sounds rather violent, doesn't it? No actual hitting is involved, honest!)