Sunday, February 8, 2009

Minitature winter wonderland

I drove out to the farm this morning on the off chance that Mark would call and/or appear to do the remaining two horses - we'd left things at the tentative stage yesterday, in case he had something come up or the weather turned out to be cold. It was still below freezing, so probably the latter. But since I was there, I occupied myself taking pictures of the frosty world we woke up to this a.m.

This is a frozen puddle up in one of the pastures - everything was spiky with hoar frost. Really beautiful.

And then, of course, there was this...
Star the contortionist
There's corn in there, and obviously, somebody's been practicing her yoga! It's unfortunate that the grain bin is located where it is - if the waterer was about 20 feet farther east the horses wouldn't have pass the grain bin to get to it, and I wouldn't have to worry about gates getting left open, or their access to water cut off for long periods when G is filling all the sheep feeders or on days grain is delivered.

2 comments:

Promise said...

That's a great downward dog :)

SunnySD said...

Ha! I only wish I was that flexible :)