Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Book Review: a second from Ireland

It's late, but it's still Friday :)

I was chatting with my sister last night, and she reminded me of this one - one of the first books by this particular author that I read. She's come a long way, and so have her characters....

Irish Thoroughbred by Nora Roberts

If you like your heroes strong and dominating, and your heroines spunky but feminine, Travis and Adelia may be right up your barn aisle. Adelia, orphaned at a young age, comes to America to live with her uncle after her elderly aunt dies. A natural with animals, but especially horses, she's thrilled to find herself assisting Paddy with his duties on a Maryland Thoroughbred farm. Until that is, she runs smack into the farm's owner Travis Grant.

When hard-headed object meets imovable rock... sparks fly, of course. Add in some Kentucky Derby excitement and a cast that includes plenty of interesting two-legged and four-legged characters, and you have a good, if a bit dated, romance - #81 from Silhouette, if you can believe it.
Something less fluffy's on tap for next week, but this has been a good fluff week.

Now I have to go water the cat - at least she's informing me from the general direction of the bathtub that she's ready for her bedtime drink. And there's thunder, so I suppose I should unplug the computer....

No comments: