Saturday, May 2, 2009

My pick...

I'm sitting here enjoying my orange juice (no mint julep - sorry Stephanie) and watching the pre-race coverage on NBC. Online they have a neat interactive handicap-helper that's useful for finding out a bit more about each of the horses.

They're on their way to be saddled, so it's time to make my pick... I like Summer Bird - lightly raced though he is, but he has a bad outside post position at #17. I like Advice, but like several of the others, he's not run much on dirt - still, at post position #4, he's better placed. Papa Clem has a decent record on dirt.... So many choices...

The favorites are Dunkirk, Pioneer of the Nile, and Freisan Fire, but I think I'm gonna go with Summer Bird.

Now let's see how I do. T has Mine that Bird, and H went with Advice. There you have it! Let's go racing :)

No comments: