Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Storm


No riding yesterday - I dawdled too long, and the thunderstorms moved in. Although I did run out and ended up with some nifty video of the horses silhouetted against the sky. Actually, I hung out down by the tree grove for about 20 minutes getting rained on, because once I was down there I didn't want to walk back up and over the hill - lots of thunder & lightening right overhead...

I scooted back to the truck super quick when the first cell moved off, and good thing, too - the next one didn't just patter down gently - the sky opened up and dropped a small lake! I drove back to town about 20 miles an hour, with the wipers on full.







So, let's see - I don't think I mentioned that while I was gone T bumped into a friend of ours who lives down the road not far from the farm - the guy who started Sunny for me. We're wanting to have Amyra started a little more formally sometime soon, and I wouldn't mind having D do it. Instead, he tried to sell T a horse.

Actually, it's not entirely a bad idea - this is apparently a steady-Eddie not-t00-big, not-too-small grade gelding. Very gentle, lots of trail miles, good with kids. From the sounds of him exactly what we were looking for a couple of years ago. Sigh.

And T likes the idea - it would mean he could ride with me right away. We'll see. If negotiations get serious, I'll get pictures.

2 comments:

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Love how the herd moves together in the video clips! Makes for a cool picture with them silhouetted against those storm clouds.

Anonymous said...

Love your photos - horses and sky! How beautiful!